We’ve been trying to be more intentional with healthy eating lately. Xavier and I have always tried to have a balance when it comes to food and having it be nutritious and healthy and at the same time, have days where we are allowed to indulge a little in guilty pleasures. About 1 week now, Xavier and I had a mutual understanding of where we wanted to head when it came to meats. We both found that meat wasn’t really appetizing to us and we figured we’d try to go as #meatless as possible. Its been challenging when it comes to figuring out our meals and making sure we are getting the right amount of nutrition. Making balanced vegetarian meals for two hispanic people can be a challenge, but its been a success thus far! We are enjoying trying new things being creative and researching the whole process. We won’t say we are 100% vegetarian just yet, but were giving it a try. Our bodies and minds have felt a difference already. For now we are sharing one of our favorite meals so far!
Mushroom & Broccolini Stir-Fry Noodles for the win! Super easy, delicious and nutritious..
Ingredients: 4 serving
- button mushrooms (or whichever you prefer)
- 2 bunches of broccolini (thick ends cut off)
- 6 stalks of kale (cut into shreds)
- 1 large onion (sliced thick)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- whole wheat noodles ( we used organic whole wheat linguine)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to liking
- sriracha teriyaki sauce (we used stonewall kitchen brand, found in our local fresh market)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tables spoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- In a small cup combine all the ingredients for the mushroom glaze.
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees
- In a separate bowl combine your mushrooms with the mushroom glaze and coat evenly. (make sure to clean your mushrooms with a wet paper towel to avoid a “dirt” taste, I don’t recommend soaking them in water, as mushrooms tend to be little sponges. This helps avoid a really wet soggy mushroom)
- Place the coated mushroom in the oven to roast for 15 mins. (remove when done to avoid burning)
- While the mushroom roast, place noodles to cook in separate pot with a tablespoon of olive oil, until noodles are ‘al dente’
- In a separate pan, place 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 cloves of minced garlic the 1 onion and salt and pepper to liking and sauté for 2 mins.
- After 2 mins, place broccolini and kale into pan with onions and garlic until veggies are bright green and cooked to your liking. (we like ours somewhere in between soft with a little bit of crunch still)
- When noodles are done, place them into your veggie mix and add your 2 tablespoons of honey along with your sriracha teriyaki sauce. (I usually eyeball it and make it to our liking, remember the sauce has a spicy kick to it!)
- Let your noodles and veggies mix well and marinate in your sauce until completely coated.
- Plate your delicious stir-fry veggie and noodle mixture and top with your glazed mushrooms! Enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! Let us know what your favorite #meatless dishes are?! We’d Love some new ideas!